Monday, June 20, 2005

Reflections


The other day I noticed that some of the photos I was using as reference for a model I was building were being reflected on to the models surface during render. It was just an accident but it got me thinking that it may be usefull for things like environment reflections on a vehicle. I did a quick experiment and came up with this image. It is sort of like a poor mans version of HDRI. I have been meaning to figure out HDRI for a while but find it a little intimidating. I think I will ask Erik to help me figure it out because he knows more about photography and computers than I do. By the way, the model I used for the image above is from 3D world Club, a fantastic site for getting models.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That looks awesome, Jay! I bet you could do a cool eyeball with the reflection thing. 'Cuz eyeballs are just cool.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home