Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Small World

I had always assumed very few people read the Mayaloge but it turns out that I under estimated the power of the blog. A couple weekends ago I recieved a nice email from Matt Estela, founder of the Mayawiki complimenting us on the site. He also offered to give me help with any questions I might have about Maya. There sure are a lot of nice folks in the 3D commmunity.

Just today I recieved an email from Dariush Derakhshani, the new editor in chief of HDRI3d magazine. He read my review of the article on transferring CAD files and while he did not agree that the article was fluff, he was very pleasent. Here is an excerpt from his letter "I wanted to let you know you're feedback is very valuable to us.  My name is Dariush Derakhshani, I am the new editor in chief of HDRI3d, and I wanted to let you know that we are renewing our focus at the magazine, trying to stay away from fluff pieces, and tutorials that just tout the commercial viability of a software.  I'm not saying this is the case with Jason's article, but I do care very deeply that our articles are solid, well put together, and interesting and resourceful to read.". He also offered to send me the latest issue of HDRI3d before it hit the stores. That kind of customer service is pretty rare so I will gladly take Dariush up on his offer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That's awesome, Jay! I'm glad that your Mayaloge is being recognized in the 3D community. I know you work hard at keeping it up-to-date. I'm proud of ya!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Fame, fortune, free magazines. Well earned Jay!

I thumbed through a copy of the HDRI3d at Borders the other day. Hopefully with the new editor it will turn into a quality publication... and feature a full page spread on Mayaloge.org's Robot challenge.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Alley Party said...

until I see toaster-bot with a full page layout that mag has no street cred, ahh street cred...is there any better kind of cred?

1:13 AM  
Blogger missusTN said...

jay is famous!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home