Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Houston, we have droids


Well it has been about a month since Pat sent me his robot and I finally figured out a way to open it up on my ancient version of Maya. I ended up opening it in a trial version of Rhino that I have at work and saving it out as an .iges file. For what ever reason, when I opened it up and saved it out R2's head shifted about 3 feet to the right (thats becoming a common problem with robot models), his right arm disappeared and there are no shaders. I duplicated and mirrored his left arm and I am re-creating the shaders to the original specs as best I can. I cant wait to finish rebuilding Pat's model so I can rip it back apart again. Let the games begin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Aren't you doing him a favor by rebuilding R2? Why not just have the animation start on a blank screen with big explosion noises, then show office-chair bot raising his fists triumphantly while R2 is just hanging out all mangled? Brilliant!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home