Saturday, April 30, 2005

Particles on Parade



It's Saturday, it's rainy and I just got back from work. This would have been a perfect day to start animating my robot battle but I am getting bogged down at work again. My latest project calls for the use of particles in motion. Frequent readers may recall that I spent some time investigating the use of particles to simulate fluids for an earlier project. I never really found a satifactory way to produce the effect with particles and instead used an animated paint effect to get my desired results. This time I think particles may do the trick. As usual I looked at few different sites to find info on animating particles. This tutorial on filling volumes with particles was helpful and this more advanced particle tutorial seem full of good stuff that may be over my head for now. I also noticed RISD is offering a class on using particles in Maya. I am also learning quite a bit about fields.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

so RISD is offering that particles class, and a class on animation for the Unreal line of video games. Both classes seem kind of interesting. Were you thinking of taking either class?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I am torn about taking a summer class. It looks like I am going to be really busy at work through most of the summer and I don't want to commit to the class if I dont have the time to put into it. I am thinking it would be better to take a fall or winter session class.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home