Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lazy Jay

Nice updates on the site Pat!

So I have in fact been lazy, but I feel like I have excuses. First off, I have been spending a lot of time outside because it has been nice out. Second, I am a huge Basketball fan and I have been watching as many of the playoff games as I can. After all it is a well documented fact that CG Geeks can spend too much time at the computer leading to the detriment of all else life has to offer (beer/basketball).

But don't worry, despite the distractions I have been keeping up with my studies and I am just as geeky as ever. Over the last week I have been exploring the difference between solid modelers (Auto-CAD, Solid Works, Pro-E) and surface modelers (Maya, 3D Studio Max) and methods of passing files between them. I have a trial version of Rhino that I find intriguing because it functions both as a solid and surface modler. More on this later.

I have not done much with my animation because I still need to convert R2 into a file format I can use at home. I don't think it will be that difficult but it will be hard to explain to my co-workers why I am playing around with an R2 D2 model. I am hoping to get in early or come in over the weekend to set up the file with out pulling time away from work projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home