Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Welcome Casey


Casey finally signed up as a member of Mayaloge. That makes three official members, and at least one or two other people that stop by and check out the pictures. Casey hooked me up with my home copy of Maya 4.5, for which I will be foreever gratefull. He also gave me some advice on graphics cards. So if your out there reading this Casey you should feel free to post anything you find that may be of interest. Same goes for you Pat. As I have allready noted, yesterday kind of sucked in terms of maya. However, I did find some cool stuff on the web last night. Here is a free tutorial on MPR (Multi-Pass_Render) that uses the same plug-in that was mentioned in the $60 tutorial I wanted to buy for my birthday. I think I will Check out the free one first. I also decided yesterday that I am going to enter the Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge. I want to focus on vehicle safety restraints and try to explain the inner workings of seat belts, airbags etc.. I have already done a lot of this kind of work in support of the restraints experts at my work so I should be able to leverage some existing graphics and knowledge. I will be able to post updates on this project as it is nor directly for a client or litigation. Not sure if I will finish in time for this years contest but I am excited about putting something together.

2 Comments:

Blogger dennis said...

Hello, Casey! Congrats on finally joining the internet. Now, if we can just get you to come back to our poker game!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Welcome Casey!

Downloading maya 6.5 right now. The barons and baronnesses at Alias have deemed me worthy of the upgrade.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home