Sunday, March 27, 2005

Intensity Curve


Happy Easter all. While others were hunting for plastic eggs I was at work hunting for a way to control decay settings on spot lights. The good news is I figured it out. Light decay has been one of those mysterious and frustrating settings for me since I started Maya. For those who don't know, decay describes where the light stops and how it fades out (useful for things like headlights). The preset options for decay have always resulted in no light at all for me. So out of frustration I began messing with the Intensity curve options and I got what I needed. This image is illuminated by a light with varying decay. It is intense, then subtle, then intense and finally negative light is cast. There obviously needs to be a tutorial on this as I could not find one anywhere. I will write something up when things slow down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home