Sunday, March 06, 2005

Audi A4


One of the biggest challenges in designing my restraints presentation will be building a 3d vehicle complete with interior. I had a hard time deciding which vehicle to use. I knew I wanted a current car that performed well in safety testing. I was hoping to model a Ford as the company I work with has done work for them before. The thing that really made me choose the Audi was the availability of solid blueprints and photo referrence material. I have tried to model a car before and it was not easy. Here is what I have so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Looks good so far! I was reading one of the tutorial sites you linked to, and they modeling an Audi TT from polygons. I'm attempting to use their methodolgy in making a Toyota Celica... but something tells me it might be much easier to use NURBS.. or at least a mix of polys and nurbs.

http://www.mtmckinley.net/tut11.htmlMy old boss had an Audi A4... paid pretty big dough for it, it was a nice car, but I always felt it was just an overglorified VW Jetta with leather seats. This guy drove like a nut, and while in Boston hit one of those raised cross-walks at 60mph. His Oil Pan paid the price, and he ended up semi-ceasing his engine. Black smoke poured from his exhaust, and the car never ran right again.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I think your right Pat, Nurbs probably is the way to go with modeling a car. I think I may try and model at least the shell of the car in poly's for now and use it as a place holder untill I get something more slick put together. My boss drives an Audi (I think it is an A4) as well. Maybe some day if we become bosses we can drive Audis and race them!. Or better yet, Celicas.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home