Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Real Flow a Real Bust


So I spent whatever free time I had today trying to install the trial version of real flow unsucessfully. The software (it's not really a plugin), is very difficult to install and the manual was writen by someone who does not have English as there first language. Apparently I am not the only one having trouble with it because everyone in the user forum seems to be experiencing trouble with it as well. That said, I think I am going to try and figure out how to use it any way because it is the only solution I have found for my project. So I didn't really look around the web much today but I did see this 3D survey site that offers some usefull 3D stuff in exchange for filling out a survey. I have not filled it out but I will if I get a chance. I also noticed that Jason Busby of 3D Buzz is offering online courses this semester for much cheaper ($140.00) than the folks at Animation Mentor. Busby is like the patron saint of 3D, he has been providing free quality tutorials for years and is loved within the community. I am going to take a serious look at his course. I am also adding a list of free 3D software to my links for anyone interested.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

As time permits, I'm checking all the links you post. Word up to classes. Now that the Maya 1 class at RISD has finished, I'm concerned that I'm not-at-all prepared for the character animation class.

If you decide to take one of these 140 dollah courses, let me know how it goes.

later
Pat

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home