Sunday, February 27, 2005

Presents!


All my good buddies came over last night to celebrate my oldness. It was a great time (at least I thought so), and there is still a ton of beer left in the fridge. I got a lot of consumable presents which I made a big dent in last night. I also got some super cool Maya books. Pat and Kate got me "Maya 6 Killer Tips", it looks really useful so far. I have the Maya 5 Killer tips and use it frequently. It is written by Eric Hanson, Kenneth Ibrahim, and Alex Nijmeh. There is a lot of good stuff on particles that I want to read about. Dennis got me "CGI: The Art of the 3D Computer-Generated Image". As Dennis said, it is less of a how-to book and more of a coffee table book. It has really slick full-page images and there are some neat artists in there I had never heard of before. If you read one of my last posts, I complained about the plethora of worn-out sci-fi-themed 3D images. The book I got from Dennis has a bunch of people who managed to avoid that trap. Eric Heller, Masa Inakage, and Kenneth Huff are some of the more original-looking work. So I will probably be making references to these presents in future posts as they are full of cool new stuff. I would recommend you buy these books or make friends with Pat, Kate, and Dennis and maybe they will buy them for you. I made the image above at five in the morning when I woke up with a stomachache from too many birthday drinks. It kind of looks like how my stomach felt.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Jay, your grammer is perfecto! Who does your proofreading? Fantastic! That's a nice blog.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

I think Jay has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

I think Jay has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

I think Jay has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home