Friday, February 18, 2005

3 Day Weekend!


So I didn't get a chance to post a shader of the day today, I was pretty busy at work. Since my last post I have investigated some alternatives to using Real Flow for my water simulation and Investigated HDRI rendering. For my water I am just using regular old Maya particles with collision settings and gravity effects. I think it will do the trick if I can't get Real Flow working. I will try to post a clip of the water Tuesday when I go back to work. In terms of HDRI, I just checked out a couple of websites that explain what it is and how it works. Basically it uses an ultra high definition, panaramic photograph to light a 3D scene or model. The results are stunning and require zero virtual lights in maya. It seems pretty complicated but it is on my list of things to figure out. I also took the survey that I mentioned and recieved my free HDRI images. If I get a chance I am going to take another survey to get the free textures. The image above this post is just a newer render of my old skull. I wanted to try some Mental Ray stuff out on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home